About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I have no political experience. My valuable time is dedicated to my family and career in order to survive in the beastly world we live in. However, I do watch the news and able to comprehend some of this government goo. Perhaps I could be more knowledgeable of the subject matter and enrolling in United States Government class, which I must receive credit for in order to move towards my career goal could possibly help me understand our government, exactly how it functions and the opinions or views in others in the world.

Friday, September 21, 2012

September 17, 2012

On September 16, 2012, Fox News.com posted a news article by Elizabeth Prann regarding the Federal Prison Industries intercepting work for their prisoners from the hard working American people who produced military uniforms, only to add more citizens to the unemployment lines.

The government is taking away jobs from law obeying citizen to have the done work in prisons by prisoners who are in there for federal offenses.  The government claims even with the 15% cost increase per uniform to be produced in prison who help these cons later in society as reducing the impact of them committing another crime and prepare them for society.  The government states it is a law for this situation as they have “first dibs” for work productivity in the prison system.  The government is being blinded or does not care if the unemployment lines will increase as well as the rise in government assistance.

I find this article of interest because of the way the federal government is not thinking about their citizens, only their prisoners.  It shows they rather not assist in securing employment for the outside world but rather behind prison walls.

No comments: