About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I have no political experience. My valuable time is dedicated to my family and career in order to survive in the beastly world we live in. However, I do watch the news and able to comprehend some of this government goo. Perhaps I could be more knowledgeable of the subject matter and enrolling in United States Government class, which I must receive credit for in order to move towards my career goal could possibly help me understand our government, exactly how it functions and the opinions or views in others in the world.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Commentary – “No To Obamacare”

In a recent blog titled "No To Obamacare", published on Hill Country Politics, Hutson expresses her opinion of “Obamacare” and shared her experience with her healthcare provider.  Hutson does give a little insight of her journey with doctor visits as well as the traveling she encountered for chemotherapy treatments she received during her battle with cancer.  Hutson could have given more examples of either how her health insurance is not working for her or data from a survey reflecting how health care affects others, like herself.  I am sure Hutson is not the only person who feels this way towards health care.  I do have to disagree with her statement regarding doctors not wanting to deal with the insurance paperwork.  Doctors and others who provide medical treatments have a staff or medical billing section to handle the task of insurance paperwork.  Therefore, doctors are able to practice medicine.  I have been fortunate to have one of the best healthcare insurance plans from my employer even though I have to choose my doctors from a “network”.  In any case regarding my health, I am in control and if I do not approve of the doctor I selected or treatments, I have the option to go elsewhere.  I believe ever person with insurance has the same option as well.

No comments: